Pages

Sunday, May 25, 2014

Versatile Dressing with Dresses

Sometimes you look at an item and you just know - we are meant to be, it 'looks like me'. That is how I felt about this dress this instant I saw it at paperdolls - adorable boutique in St. Louis. Not only is it an amazing shape and fit, but it is so wearable. It is a "fit-and-flare" style dress which is one of my favorite shapes - fitted at the top and flared at the waist. There are varying degrees of the fit and the flare, but this classic shape dress is flattering on all body types. 

Not only do I love the shape of this dress, i love the print! Prints and patterns are everywhere this summer. When looking to add some to your wardrobe, pick ones that interest you and that you are drawn to (chevron is one of my favorite right now). Be careful not to overdo it with one type of print. You might find you are always drawn to polka dots and all the sudden you have 8 polka dot items in your wardrobe. Each item might be a great piece, but I like a little more variety. 

Show below I wore wedges, simple jewelry and a colored purse for date night, add a navy or white blazer and nude pumps for work, or cowboy boots and a denim jacket for a more casual look. Another casual options is to just throw on a cardigan and flip flops for daily wear. 

I verified through this shoot that I am not a model and Jason is very sweet, but not a professional photographer. I tried shooting the looks flat, but it just didn't do my new, favorite dress justice. So again bear with me while I post pictures of myself while I figure out the best way to showcase the clothes. 








No comments:

Post a Comment