Pages

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Texture, Pattern and Jeans

It is a grey, rainy day today. A perfect day to perk up your mood with a cute outfit.

Here is mine today....
I'll start at the top. This navy/cream striped jacket is from The Limited and my first thought was to pair it with a solid color top. Then I remembered texture and pattern! You could add texture with some layered necklaces, but I used a lace overlay sweater. Then I used my purse as my accent color. Shoes are another place to add color and they do not have to match your purse. I would have loved to add some yellow sandals to this outfit. 

On the bottom, I'm wearing these adorable, high-waisted  Liverpool Jeans that I found at Leopard Boutique here in St. Louis. At first glance you think - maternity jeans? What? No! Elastic waist? Isn't that a fashion no-no? Don't knock it 'till you try it. I was a die-hard fan of low-rise jeans. But 3 kids later and in my mid thirties, the low rise can create a few problems - the muffin top or keeping your rear stuffed in. The elastic band on these helps suck in the muffin top and create a smooth line under your tops. They are like jeans with a control top! The band starts right at the natural waist or your belly button, and stops right at the top of your hip bones. I was skeptical at first thinking - I don't need those. I am way too young! But I really like them. The high-waist, smooth band creates a very flattering fit. And they were affordable for designer denim. 

Bear with me on the photos. I promise they won't all be of me. 

**If you don't live in St. Louis, you can also find Liverpool Jeans at Nordsrom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment