Pages

Friday, May 23, 2014

Packing for Vacation

Well this weekend is the unofficial start to Summer and the vacation season, so I thought I would write a post about thoughtful packing. Some of you may hate packing but I love it! If feels like a fashion game of Tetris - how do I fit the perfect clothing items that all go together in 1 space? 

I was lucky enough to go to Hawaii earlier this year and it was my best packing story to date. We were there for 4 nights and for most of the events, the attire was labeled as "resort casual". 

First I started with 2 base colors/neutrals  - navy and white. Then I picked 2 accent colors - coral and mint. And if there was a third tier, it would have been 'print'. This allowed me to consolidate shoes and accessories. All shoes were metallic gold - flip flops, Sperrys, and wedges. And all of my jewelry was gold, coral or mint. 

The travel outfit must always be layer-able and super comfortable. I felt like a real jet setter in this picture. My travel outfit was white jeans, navy cami, navy/white pattern top, navy knit blazer and navy/white/yellow scarf. I was going from 20 degrees to 80 - so I was prepared to peel off the layers or add as needed. 


Here were the rest of the outfits - pictured below
Navy/Multi pattern skirt with mint top, coral jewelry, flip flops
Navy/White nautical dress, gold wedges
Denim chambray shirt (counts as navy)/White shorts/coral white swimsuit
Coral Dress, mint/coral jewelry, mint wrap/scarf, gold wedges
Navy/White polka dot shorts, white tank, mint jewelry, gold Sperrys
Navy Multi color print dress, mint wrap
Coral/White printed pants, navy tank, white sweater

I was also prepared with a black knit LBD (little black dress) if an event felt dressier than I was prepared for, and my gold wedges would have been okay for shoes. 

I almost had as much fun re-living this through my post as I did when I actually packed for this trip.

Now I do not get this involved with packing for a weekend trip or a family trip to the beach. BUT some of my same rules apply. I like everything to coordinate so I can mix and match. This gives me a lot of flexibility to create several outfits out of 1 batch of clothes. 

I hope you enjoy your summer vacation regardless of your outfits!! I of course am always most grateful just to BE on vacation with loved ones. 

Safe travels!



No comments:

Post a Comment