Pages

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Printed 'Perfect' Tops

I did some 'personal shopping' with my mom today which was much overdue and very fun. We have been doing an overhaul of her wardrobe lately as she has shed quite a few LBs and looks great! A few weeks ago we got her all settled with bottoms - navy, black, and white Exact Stretch from the Limited (they carry PETITE ONLINE!!!) and of course several pairs of denim. But she was struggling with tops. Her closet looks full, but she was struggling with an 'everyday' top that wasn't a T-shirt. No disrespect to T-shirts of course, but sometimes you want to take it up a notch. 

I love to look for printed tops that can be worn casually or dressed up. We found this one for her today in the Nordstrom Petite department - only $38. I thought it was the perfect mix of pattern and interest. It is a striped knit and the flowers are on a sheer overlay that wears like a T-shirt. It looks like it could be a work of art! She did not like it at first, but once she tried it on - she loved it! (I always recommend trying on). 

For me this is one of those 'perfect shirts'. It can be worn with some black or denim capris for casual wear, a black skirt or skinny pants with heels and fancy jewelry for a night out, or with a black suit for work. You can choose to pull out the orange, purple, navy or black with your jewelry and accessories. 


These are two of my favorite tops in my wardrobe that fit this bill. I found them in the 'trendy' possible juniors section of TJMax and Marshalls. Don't be intimidated by the crop tops you will currently find there this season. If you like to hunt, this is a perfect place to find affordable, different pieces.  I have worn these with jeans and cowboy boots, skinny black dress pants with a jacket, and cotton shorts.



No comments:

Post a Comment