Pages

Monday, December 31, 2018

Week 8 Closet Challenge Summary

Eight crazy weeks. I now know that if my washing machine breaks, I can go at least two months without a new one. 

This was a crazy week because after Christmas, I hardly knew what day it was. I barely left the house, so I spent a lot of time in pajamas. The photos you see are for when I actually had to leave the house. 

Monday, December 24 Christmas Eve

We had some fun with this one and I love a theme! National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation is part of our Christmas tradition so we just couldn't pass up these sweatshirts. I forgot how comfortable a nice traditional sweatshirt is, although it doesn't do much for my shape ;)
  

Now it is time to get dressed up for Christmas Eve Mass. This dress is at least 8 years old from Ann Taylor. It is one of my favorites, but it is too tight around my shoulders, so this was the last harrah. 

Now for some family photos. I'm wearing 2" heels and my 13 year old daughter is as tall as me in this photo. I'm jealous of the dress she is wearing. I found it at Marshalls during the summer - Vineyard Vines for $24.99! 


Check out this sharp dressed man! The vest (waistcoat) is my favorite. 


And I don't want to leave out my boys. They were not excited to get dressed up, but they did it for Mom!


Tuesday, December 25

We have another family photo because I forgot to take my single shot. This beautiful gold sweater is 18 years old. I know it is that old because I wore it the year my nephew was born on Christmas Eve, and he turned 18 this year! It is in great shape because I only wore it for the holidays and stored it folded, in a cedar chest for several years. It shocked me how short it was. Sadly, I have not grown taller in the last 18 years, but the waistline of our pants has been up and down and up and down. I first put it on with some winter white pants that had a lower rise and it looked like I was wearing a crop top. Sanctuary velour pants to the rescue. 

Wednesday, December 26

I was super excited to wear my new, Rebecca Minkoff backpack. This army style, green, canvas jacket is from Old Navy and I have had it since college. I can't seem to part with it. The quality is great - they don't make things like they used to.


I don't know what day it is! I was only going to my son's basketball game, but I needed to get through the pieces I have left. This grey skirt is a thick knit and would be great for travel. It is from Ann Taylor, end of year clearance. I had big plans for this skirt when I bought it, but the waist has always been a bit too tight - so out it goes!


Friday? Saturday? I have several ivory colored shells, like the one seen here, so I have paired them down. I chose to wear the ripped jeans with the shell and cardigan so it didn't look so conservative. 


Sunday, December 30

This is my favorite dress. If I have a big meeting or event that I don't know how to dress for, or I just need to feel great - this is my dress. It is Eliza J and fits me perfectly, even if I fluctuate a bit. Everyone should have a reliable, go-to piece like this. 


Today is the last day of the year. I wanted to wrap up the year and this challenge and start the new year fresh, so yesterday I spent 2 hours putting on (almost) every outfit I have left. Look for that tomorrow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment