Pages

Saturday, December 22, 2018

Week 6 - Closet Challenge Summary

I can't believe it has been 6 weeks! The time has flown by, yet when I look back at those first pictures, it feels like so long ago. One unforeseen consequence of the limited repeats, is that I miss some of those pieces from week one. I want to wear them again. So I decided to take stock and see what is really left. 

I pulled everything out that has been worn and staged it on this rolling rack. 


Then I moved all the seasonal spring and summer item to the upper right quadrant of my closet, and that center section, top and bottom, is what is left, with the exception of activewear you see on the bottom right and formal attire not shown.  I have to say, I was a bit discouraged when I saw how much was left. That could easily be three or four more weeks!! There are some specialty items in there that might not be practical, but the holidays do provide some unique opportunities. I did think to myself, 'what if I just got rid of everything I haven't worn yet so I could be done?' 


Here is the giveaway pile. I thought this would look bigger, but maybe I just folded things up very small?? There are only two things in this pile that still have tags on them, and one I didn't even buy. The other was an impulse clearance item I thought I would wear on a trip to Mexico, but never did. 


I did the above today, at the end of week 7, but the below is my week 6 summary.

Monday, December 10

Loving a hat on a Monday morning when you just aren't ready to face the week yet. I picked this gem up at Nordstrom Rack for $14.99 - August Hat Company. This 'blouse' is from Target and the cardigan is Cynthia Rowley.  I picked it up for a steal at Marshalls a couple years ago. It has some cashmere in it, which is why I wanted it. 


Tuesday, December 11

It was super warm today, so I went for bare legs. I had to show this dress styled with scarf and jacket, and by itself, so you could see the whole thing. My dad and brother happened to swing by my house today and asked why I was wearing my pajamas - classic comment from them. I can see where they could think that, but no one else has had the guts to tell me it looks like PJs. I wonder if it is one of those things where people tell you they like it because they don't know what else to say?


Wednesday, December 12

Boss Lady today! Sometimes I pretend I'm Claire Underwood - or just that I have her wardrobe. I got this jacket from H&M a couple seasons ago for $25. It is great because it doesn't have to close, so it isn't too tight in my shoulders, but it is structured enough to provide some shape. I can never decide if I like this blouse, but it is going in the no pile because it doesn't really fit me right and the tie ends up getting in the way all day, and I can't stand the name of it.  BUT the real story here is the pants! They are from Betabrand - the yoga/work pants. I kept seeing them over and over in my feed, so I took the bait. I had them for about 2 months and finally got them hemmed as part of this challenge because I must wear it all! They fit great and were VERY comfortable.


Thursday, December 13

Headed to the Fox tonight with my mom and sister-in-laws.  I passed this coat up at Target the first go around and ended up ordering it online later that day. The pants are Target, too, and I'm wearing one of my many ivory colored shells. This one has seen better days and is getting tossed. The jacket was great because I could keep it on and stay warm all night - no need to bring a coat and carry it around all night. 


Friday, December 14

This is a two-fer today. Daytime - navy, gold and grey - my favorite. I splurged on this sweater a few years ago at a boutique in town and it does not disappoint! It is really warm, so no need for another layer. And then for a casual Friday night, I threw on my best (and only) sequin pants. Everyone should have a pair. It is an instant party when you put those pants on. The stocked bar didn't hurt either. 



Saturday, December 15

Can you tell I love this hat? This houndstooth sweater is a staple. It is from The Limited, at least five years ago. I noted when I posted on Insta that this is something I would have usually 'saved', but why not on a Saturday for no occasion?  That is one of the goals of the challenge!


Sunday, December 16

Unseasonably warm again today, so I tried to make use of some dresses. This is Lush from three years ago. I used to belt it, but now when I do that it looks too short. I love this dress, but truthfully it is too tight in my arms and shoulders and I should pass it on, BUT I don't have many patterned dresses, so I may break my own rule here and keep it anyway. Has anyone ever worn a shift dress like this and realized you can't raise your arms without the dress coming up over your rear? Be careful, ladies. And of course, I love my Justin Boots. 


This was a long one. Thanks for hanging in there with me. Week 7 up next!


No comments:

Post a Comment