Pages

Saturday, December 29, 2018

Week 7 - Closet Challenge Summary

Lucky #7! Never, at the outset of this challenge, did I think it would last seven weeks. I'm still a week behind in summarizing, so as I write, I have just finished week eight and I am weary. I'm ready to do this:  #wearallyourclothes


Monday, December 17

I went for the white jeans since the weather was mild. The denim tank I'm wearing was a clearance item from Marshalls for $9.00. I don't know if it is a tank, a dress or a swim cover up, so I have worn it as all three. I'm wearing my favorite cardigan that has been on the blog several times. Pieces like this make an instant outfit and are so easy to wear. It provides color, texture, and pattern in one piece. I added a Stella & Dot necklace for my 'shine'. I haven't officially been documenting the use of each shoe, but this suede, Cole Haan loafer had not been worn yet. 


Tuesday, December 18

I was headed to the holiday office party today and was feeling festive. This sweater is from The Limited circa 2011. It is definitely an item I tend to 'save' because I love it so much I'm afraid to ruin it - which is exactly the type of thinking I'm trying to get away from. The fur detaches from the sweater for easy washing. I'm wearing it over a shiny, ivory shell and these great, wide-leg, TART pants (from Paperdolls). These pants feel like pajama pants but the knit is extra thick and lined down to the knee so they don't look like PJs. I pulled it all together with my leopard print heels. 


Wednesday, December 19

I'm getting to the end of the blazer selection in my closet. This is another one from H&M that I got for $25. I'm on the fence about keeping it going forward. I love the print, but it has a pretty stiff shoulder pad that I feel like will look dated soon. My mom commented that she never would have thought to wear this jacket with a royal blue top - she would usually just think black or white, which is what I think a lot of people tend to do. Don't be afraid to wear a bold color with a neutral print. My velour pants are Sanctuary from Nordstrom. I would link to it but they are sold out. Someone recently asked me if I have bought anything new since starting this challenge and the answer is yes. I feel slightly embarrassed admitting that, but I'm here to be real. These pants are one of those items. I had them on my mental list of 'things I need this season' and when I saw they were on sale, I bit. Now the shoes are a great story: They are Vince Camuto from DSW a couple years ago. I was shopping in the clearance section and when I went to check out, she noticed they were two different sizes - a 6 and a 6.5. There were no others to be found, so I got them for less than $20!


Thursday, December 20

Pretty laid back today. This grey sweater/sweatshirt is super soft and would be in my regular rotation, so I tried to hold back wearing it for awhile. It was a yucky raining day so I picked pants that would work with my Hunter rain boots. 


Friday, December 21

We were headed to a friend's house for holiday dinner, so I thought it was a good opportunity to wear these green velvet pants. I wasn't sure the would fit this year but I squeezed into them. Like many things in my wardrobe, they are from The Limited, back when they had a physical store. I started working there when I was 15 and it was always my go-to store. I know they still have an online presence, but it just isn't the same. Bobeau black tank and the most repeated item, I think - the leopard print heels. 


Saturday, December 22

The holiday party circuit continues, and I felt like this was an opportunity to be creative with some of the random items I had left. This is a short sleeve, black, t-shirt dress from Old Navy, black tights and my Target over-the-knee boots.  I love this little shrug (Jealous Tomato from Paperdolls) and often forget to wear it. Jason told me it looked like something Conan the Barbarian would wear, but I pressed on and it was a hit! I added the statement necklace (also from Paperdolls) for my 'shine' (texture, color, pattern, shine - Stacy & Clinton).

Sunday, December 23

Today was Christmas with my large, extended family. You can't quite tell in the photo, but this sweater has a balloon sleeve dotted with pearls (Paperdolls again). I bought it before the challenge started, knowing I would wear it to holiday parties. It is in my favorite shade of cream/ivory. I originally planned to wear it with the TART pants but when I put it all together it was too much volume, so I went with the streamline, plaid joggers on the bottom. We took this pic at the end of the day because we forgot to earlier and that is why I am holding my heels instead of wearing them. Ugg slippers to the rescue!


Thank you again to all of you who have shared, commented and told me they have been inspired to do their own closet challenge. It means so much to me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment