Pages

Sunday, November 25, 2018

Week 3 - Closet Challenge Summary

I completed week three. The novelty has worn off a bit. When I'm staring at my closet trying to decide what to wear, I wonder why I'm putting myself through this. I could just get rid of a bunch of things and start over. Or get rid if anything over 3 years old. Or any number of tips that would make this faster and easier. But most days, I am having fun. It feels easier to put something in the donate pile after I have worn it just one more time. This is my own little twist on Marie Kondo's method. Marie would be horrified by my closet. I'm adapting her advice of thanking it for its usefulness, by wearing it, washing it, and then I feel free to let it go.

Monday, November 19 - Manic Monday

No matter what I do on Sunday to prepare, Monday always feels like a fire alarm went off and we are scrambling to get out of the house. I did pick most of this outfit out the night before, but changed up the top at the last second. I had a patterned top picked out, and I should have stuck with that. I still go by Stacy & Clinton's rule of color, texture, pattern, shine. I threw on the leopard belt at the last second for the pattern. This is my favorite, navy knit blazer from The Limited several years ago - I wish I could find someone to make more just like it. It is a shorter fit, which I like better for my frame, and since it is knit, it isn't too tight in my shoulders, like every other structured blazer. Paige Transcend Jeans again but in grey, and a Pleione top that has faded and it is time to let it go. These booties are on my 'maybe' list. 



Tuesday, November 20 - Tired Tuesday

What a difference a day makes! Is this the same person? I felt like I was being practical last Tuesday, now I think I just look tired. I did have to volunteer during gym class at my kids school later, and I wasn't sure what we would be doing, so I guess it was appropriate. This is an oversized flannel from Target and my favorite Zella Live In Leggings. Last year I sprung for the high waisted version, because I have had three children, and while I like the smoothing effect, they were cutting into me by the end of the day. 



Wednesday, November 21 - Almost Friday

Oh I like this much better! It was so sunny and warm that I Ieft those sun rays in the photo. I started with a plane white t and jeans because what is better?! Justin Boots and a Kut from the Kloth 'vegan leather' jacket complete the outfit. Jacket is from Leopard Boutique and jeans are Just Black from Paperdolls Boutique  , two of my favorite local shops. 



Thursday, November 22 - Happy Thanksgiving

I have so much to be thankful for that it makes me misty. It was over 60 degrees for Thanksgiving in St. Louis. As I'm writing this it is dropping below 30 and there are tornado sirens going off, but on Thanksgiving, I couldn't get enough of the weather. I don't love a waistband on Thanksgiving, so I took advantage of the warm weather and chose this Max Studio Dress that was very 'forgiving'. 


Friday, November 23 - Black Friday

I'm dressed in mostly black, which I never do, but we were headed out of town for the weekend and I was picking a comfy outfit for the road trip. Wow the horizontal stripes don't look fantastic in this photo, but they are comfortable. They are Gap Fit - my new favorite go-to for leggings. They have 'black out technology' so you can avoid the see-through butt! I really wanted to shop today, but it felt like I shouldn't be bringing anything new into the house when it is clear that I have too much. 


Saturday, November 24 - City Mouse and Country Mouse

We were fortunate to spend time in the country today with great friends and great weather. We enjoyed each other, the sunshine and nature. I kept thinking of the story of city mouse and country mouse. It is so good to get out and experience new things! I did not get a photo of me sporting safety orange and camo, but I did snap this sunset shot before we headed to church. So much to thank God for on a day like today. Ivory cowl neck sweater, Citizens for Humanity Jeans, my Ugg boots, and my Chewie. I think the jeans need to be set free. 



Sunday, November 25 

Time to head back to reality. I wasn't kidding when I told you I wear these Lululemon studio pants several times a week. Road trip back to the city and time to get to work. So much to do to get back to reality. One of them will be picking out my outfit for tomorrow morning!





No comments:

Post a Comment