Pages

Sunday, November 18, 2018

Week 2 - Closet Challenge Summary

Two weeks down, ten to go? I realized this week that this is going to take longer than I thought. I have been turning around the hangers of the items I have worn, but it wasn't looking like I had made much progress. So I moved them to a different section of my closet, and it still didn't look like I had made a dent! It was further proof of my hypothesis for this experiment: I have too many clothes. Despite feeling guilty for my gluttonous closet, I have  been enjoying the challenge. I enjoy lounge-wear, athleisure and pajamas as much as the next person, but getting fully dressed and putting together an 'outfit' helps my state of mind for the day. 


Monday, November 12  - Snow: Part One

Little did I know this wasn't the only snow I would see this week. Besides the boots and earrings, this outfit is all from Target. The color isn't great in this photo, but the pants are an army green and could pass for work or casual. Paired with a navy cable knit sweater. Both are the 'a new day' brand - which I wrote about here last year.  


Tuesday, November 13 - Best Sweater

 I love this sweater! I have a grey one, which I'm sure will appear soon. They are both from H&M. They can be worn as a sweater dress, or over jeans. I bought the grey one when I was pregnant with my second child, who is now ten!! While I am usually against having the same item in different colors, I made an exception for this sweater and also bought it in camel, which is another one of my favorite colors along with navy, grey and cream. I pulled the jeans from the bottom of my stack. I have no idea when I wore them last. They are really too long and too low rise for my mom-bod, so I gave them to my daughter and they fit her perfectly! Another pair of Sorel boots that I purchased at 60% off from Nordstrom Rack when I realized I needed something weather-proof between a snow boot and a rain boot. 


Wednesday, November 14  - I hate these pants...

Oh, how I hate these pants. They are a plush corduroy and from the very low rise era. They slid down my butt every time I moved and they sat so low on my hips I couldn't even fit a belt around them to keep them up. So i tucked a long tank into the pants and went on with the day. And when I tried to add a black boot to this outfit, I realized they looked like Santa pants! The only thing I liked about this was my gold shoes and grey wool School Boy Blazer from J.Crew Factory. I could have just changed, but I ran out of time, and wearing everything is part of the deal.


Thursday, November 15 - Snow: Part Two

A legit snow day with about 6 inches and no school, it was so tempting to stay in pajamas. This is what you would find me in most days this fall and winter if I was not doing this closet challenge. These are the best pants from Lululemon - the best! They are an investment, but like a good pair of jeans, when you wear them at least once a week, it is so worth it! 


Friday, November 16 - Snow day hangover

I was tired today. No hair or make up. These are my favorite jeans I mentioned last week and my first repeat. I will have to repeat pants during this challenge. I bought this top/poncho this year at Zara. Where has this store been all my life?  I was in Chicago and popped in real quick, and found this top and some adorable plaid pants you will see. I wish they had a store in St. Louis. Inspired by Jen Hatmaker, I added my new feather earrings to my top knot and called it a day. 


Saturday, November 17 - Sunny Saturday

It was a beautiful sunny Saturday morning here! I was tired of jeans, so I gave this jean skirt and some sweater tights a try. Another 'a new day' sweater from Target and my Frye boots.


Sunday, November 18 - Church

I enjoy getting dressed up for Church, a note I mentioned this in one of my first blog posts. I used to battle with my Mom weekly about the church outfit, but now I enjoy it, and I battle with my kids. Hopefully they will enjoy it someday, too. My boys pick one outfit and wear it every Sunday during that season. At the end of that season, I am so tired of those clothes!! Sam lets my pick out her outfits...sometimes.  I have been struggling with pants recently and needed some new ones. I bought these from the Gap in the petite length and I like them! I am generally against turtlenecks unless reallying being worn for warmth, but I think a solid black turtleneck can look sleek. While I do not usually match my purse and my shoes, they do today. 


This is pile that is out form the first two weeks. I'm hoping it gets a lot bigger. 





No comments:

Post a Comment