Pages

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Stuck in work or workout clothes?

Do you ever have a few days go by and think, I haven't really gotten dressed in days! You start by putting on workout clothes hoping you will find some time to go to the gym, and if you do, you fully intend to change after you go to the grocery store, after you pick up the dry cleaning, after you pick up the kids, after you get dinner started, after you put the kids to bed.... and on and on. OR do you wear the same thing over and over to work even though you have a closet full of clothes?  It can be easy to get stuck in a rut.

I had a few days living in my gym clothes and I was dying to put on some real clothes today. I am by no means passing judgement on wearing lounge clothes or workout clothes for days in a row - it happens and sometimes it is really the most practical thing you can do (and they keep getting cuter). For me, getting dressed helps me feel better. Now I am not talking about anything that takes a ton of effort OR is super time consuming. I needed a pick me up today, so I threw on the outfit below to go nowhere in particular.  

And yes I had a super photographer - my 6 year old, and yes we were at the playground. And no, I don't normally dress like this to go to the playground. We were killing time while Sam was at piano. Anyway it is really just a T-Shirt, skirt, and necklace - not a ton of effort. But it is a put together look. This is a box pleat skirt in cream with light blue stripes from the Limited with an orange T - I treat this skirt like a neutral that can be worn with almost anything. The shoes are my 'everyday wedges'. I struggled to find a neutral wedge of low/med height that was really wearable for daily use and that didn't look frumpy. You know by now I am short, so I like a little height, but all of my other wedges are too high to comfortably run errands. So these are from Born - purchased at DSW. They are super soft, BUT if I were to do it again, I would buy something with a strap on the back. 

And just to show that this is really not that fancy, I changed up the look with a relaxed denim shirt and flat sandals. This is totally wearable for women on the go. Again stellar photography by my children - and I didn't mean to look sad. 


So if you feel like you are in a rut with work clothes or workout clothes - peruse your closet and pick an item you haven't worn in awhile or that maybe an item that you are 'saving' for something - and wear it today! I find myself saving clothes for occasions that never happen. Have fun with it - you might find it makes you feel better!

No comments:

Post a Comment