Pages

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Jumpsuits & Rompers

Whew it has been awhile! Crazy summer life happening over here but I am enjoying it. On with the post.  

At first when you saw the title, you might think I was going to talk about baby clothes. But no - there are rompers and jumpsuits for grown women. I have been casually looking for a jumpsuit all summer. I say casually because of course I don't really 'need' one, but I think it is such a fun piece to have in your wardrobe, especially in the summer months. My younger self dared to wear a beige, strapless jumpsuit - and while I don't have the body for that gem anymore, I LOVED it. So I have seen them resurface a bit here an there and was just waiting for the perfect one to find me. 

My first internet search brought me to several graphic print jumpsuits. These are adorable and very on trend right now, but I would choose a more classic styling for this kind of unique piece - black, navy or white. That way you can change your look with a jacket or jewelry and make it last a little bit longer. If I had some extra cash, I would buy this one - it even comes with straps you can attach! (Macy's)

My obsession is this one Beyonce rocked - but I believe it is Gucci and I don't have Beyonce's budget. (I saw this in Us Weekly online  - I feel obligated to cite)

Others that I found have the same bottom style pant as the 'track pant' that I talked about here. I would have to try that on and see how it looked. If someone is reading this has - let me know. I feel like it would look cute as long as it was draped close to the body. Several versions featured a wide leg, like this one from Macy's (NY Collection), and I think this would be very chic and very wearable. 
I love the belt feature of this one - also from Macy's AGB. The belt help break up that "column of fabric" look that I fear when putting something on that covers head to toe. And I love that it is in NAVY!
Now onto Rompers. This is an item I first scoffed at. But the more I see them, the more I want one! The biggest problem I see - besides the fact that there is no easy way to use the facilities while wearing - is that they are all SO short. And the fact that when I was searching for them, the first site that came up was Forever 21 - and I am Almost 35 - so I have to really make sure I am being smart when I am drawn to things I see in there. I mean I am not the only one holding onto a bit of my youth through clothes, am I? Don't get me wrong - it is a great place to get a deal on a trendy piece you don't want to spend too much money on, but I know myself and I have to tread lightly. 
So here is an adorable one from Forever 21 - I like the long sleeves, I think it makes up for the short shorts part (although I would ditch the lace trim). I believe it was the wise Jessica Simpson who said that you can't show boobs and legs - pick one or the other. 
Here is a nice one that could be for a nice night out to dinner - also from Forever 21 - and a bit longer length - very nice.
I searched and searched for more - and I think so many of them are so cute, but the voice in my head is going "hmmmmmmm I don't know" - that one looks like lingerie, that one looks like it belongs on a child, etc.... I can't decide. Interested to know what you all think. I bought one from Target and am telling myself I will just wear it as a swimsuit cover- up. Maybe that is a good compromise.




No comments:

Post a Comment