Pages

Thursday, June 5, 2014

Must Love Dresses

I know, I know, more about dresses. But last weekends WSJ style section validated my feeling that summer is the perfect time for dresses. (in the fall I will drone on about jeans and blazers/jackets). The article was titled "Summertime and the Dresses are Easy." Exactly. When it is 90+ degrees outside you don't want your outfit to be too 'fussy' - too many pieces, too many accessories, etc... The right dress can solve everything.  

Now I could only afford 1 of the dresses they featured in the WSJ, so I thought I would just post some of my favorite styles and shapes AND highlight some sales.

Gap featured this adorable fit & flare in their email blast today - noted 40% off some dresses. It can be easily dressed up or down. 

This is one of the best shaped, sheaths I found - love the half-cap shoulder and shapely fit. Some sheaths can look too formal or stiff. This one is from Banana Republic - called the Sloan Fit. They have some things 25% off. 

I love a shift as much as a sheath. A shift hangs almost straight down from your shoulders and has a looser fit - kind of a 70s vibe. You can wear a shift a bit shorter than normal since it isn't curve hugging. I found this cool printed one at Zappos on sale for $50.99. I have never ordered clothes from there but I have had success with shoes.

Nordstrom has a ton of dresses - quite a few in my 'affordable' range. I love this one - doesn't it just scream relaxed summer? only $78 - and you gotta love the free shipping and free returns.

Limited has BOGO 50% full price. Here is a great statement dress - work or party. They have lots of cute strapless ones as well - but I know that is not super wearable for everyone. And they had a navy and white eyelet sheath - be still my Charlotte York heart. 

This is a sweet dress from H&M  - I mean like cute, sweet - not "saweeeet". Only $35.00 - that is saweeet. They have a quite a few jerseys dresses that could be great casual dresses, but sometimes the jersey is too thin, then you have to wear a slip, and that can be too much fuss. But I will say when in doubt - wear a slip. 

I would always recommend TJMaxx and Marshalls - and of course your local boutiques. Sometimes they have just the thing that is different enough, but perfect for you. 

And I will just through this out there - I am not sponsored or linked or anything to any of these stores. If I'm lucky enough to get to that place eventually, I will let you know. 

Go Dress and be merry!


No comments:

Post a Comment