Pages

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Fashion and Style

"Fashion is about dressing according to what is fashionable. Style is more about being yourself." - Oscar de la Renta

I heard this quote of his last week when the media was covering his passing and celebrating what an extraordinary influence he was on the fashion industry.

This describes exactly how I feel about style! My reason for sharing my style through this blog is because it's fun. It might serve as an inspiration for someone else to use clothes or style to make themselves feel good, or make a statement, or just help get dressed in the morning. My plan is not to tell others what they should or shouldn't do. Of course I'm always happy to offer my opinion :) 

I went shopping today - lured out by some coupons, some sales and one specific mission. I walked around for the longest time looking around and not liking anything! I get very frustrated when this happens. Sometimes I find this happens because i realize I don't NEED anything. And then I leave. BUT, I just happened to come upon this gem of a sweater and my hope was restored. I loved it the minute I saw it. I hemmed and hawed for a brief moment while I heard my brother in my head asking me 'why are you wearing a blanket'? - but I didn't care, I still love it. And it happened to go great with what I was wearing. So the kids and I hoped out at this pretty little scene and snapped a pic.
Sweater - Sun & Shadow at Nordstrom
Tunic - Plieone 
Jeans - from my favoite list
Boots - Minnetonka - mentioned here and I love them!

I happened to already be wearing the Minnetonka boots when I bought the sweater, and part of me thinks together with the sweater it is a little much with the western theme. But sometimes you just go for it anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment