Pages

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Fancy Pants

It's Party Time!! This time of year seems to be filled with 'events' that require festive attire - ya know a little more snazzy than business casual or church. 

Last weekend Jason and I went to a Dinner/Auction for our kids' school. I knew right away that I would wear my Fancy Pants! These are sequin pants/jeans/leggings that I bought from The Limited 2 years ago. I saw them and knew I had to have them. Do you every look at something and immediately know, "that looks like something I would wear" ?  (This is a good way to learn your style, see what types of clothes you are drawn to almost without thinking). Anyway I loved these pants, but wasn't sure I would wear them enough - see $5 rule. So I left without them, couldn't stop thinking about them and went back the next day and bought them. I have gotten so much use out of these pants!

Not only are these pants a fun alternative to the LBD, I feel awesome whenever I wear them. So that is really my point in this post - have something in your wardrobe that you know makes you feel great whenever you wear it. It lifts your mood whenever you put it on. It feels inherently "you".

They don't seem to carry them at The Limited this year, but a quick internet search lead me to two pair. First from Bloomingdales here

And these from H&M come in gold and silver - I love the gold ones.

And here is me not looking as happy as I feel when I wear these pants. We were rushing out the door for the Auction and I really wanted to get a good photo, but it was dark outside. So hopefully you get the gist. 


No comments:

Post a Comment