Pages

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Summer Sales!!

Well even though it just feels like we have settled into summer (and I JUST posted about swimsuits) - you will soon start seeing transitional or fall merchandise in the stores. Which means summer stuff is ON SALE!! 

Everyday I get multiple notifications about sales - 40 %, 50 % 60 % off summer styles. This is a great time get a deal on a summer trend or something you have been pining for - maybe a jumpsuit like I mentioned here ? Or maybe you have been holding off this summer waiting to see what trends become most appealing? We have a solid 2 months of summer weather left here in St. Louis, so you will have plenty of time to wear your new summer purchases. IF it is an item you think you will not wear that often in the next 2 months, try to think ahead and make sure you will love it next summer OR if it has year round wearability. 

Some great summer sale items to look for that can be worn year round
- layering tanks and tees
- skirts that can be paired with tights and boots in cooler months
- jeans (always)
- printed tops that can be versatile for work or play - check out this post for more info
- dresses - of course. Think ahead to next year - do you have a wedding or big occasion you need something a little bit fancier for? Now is a great time to get a deal. 

If you are already tired of your summer wardrobe use the sales to spice it up with 1 or 2 new pieces to carry you through. For me a top gets me more mileage than a bottom. If you really can't wait until fall, a lightweight jacket/blazer or some booties can help bridge the gap. I was skeptical about the bootie a few seasons ago, but I have become a fan. It is a perfect item for in between summer/fall and spring/summer. Peep toe booties are wearing on me - they are adorable but I find the window of wear in this climate too small for money I would have to spend for a pair, but I feel my resolve crumbling. Nordstrom Anniversary Sale catalog had some GREAT deals on boots and booties. 

And it is not too early to start editing your wardrobe - get rid of summer clothes you haven't worn since you got them out. De-clutter your closet. Message me if you want help!

No comments:

Post a Comment