Pages

Saturday, September 16, 2017

Footloose

I watched the movie Footloose last weekend - the real one from 1984. I have been dreaming about Ariel's red cowboy boots ever since.  I remember wanting them as a child when I first saw this movie. I feel like they are a perfect expression of her rebellious nature and confidence. They seem to say, "Oh yeah?  Watch me!"  I mean how hot is Lori Singer in those boots!


A quick google search will help you find some. 
These look amazing from Nordstrom



We can use clothing and accessories to express our personality. You can make the outside match the inside. It can be a direct link to how you are feeling that day, or aspirational. For example, earlier this week I was completely exhausted.  I wore sweatpants - real, old fashion elastic waist and bottom sweatpants that said Truman Football - to go pick my son up from soccer practice. I was not ashamed. I was tired.  On the aspirational side of things - I often 'dressed up' in college when I had a test. It made me feel more confident if I looked put together. If I'm feeling a little down, a cute outfit can help put me in a better mood.  A little touch of leopard print always makes me feel a little feisty. I can't imagine putting on these red cowboy boots and not feeling like I could go kick a little ass!

What clothes or accessories do you have that are tied to your mood or personality?  Play around and have some fun! As always, #youdoyou.







No comments:

Post a Comment