Pages

Monday, August 4, 2014

Bold Choices

I am always looking at different sources and images for fashion ideas and inspiration. I was scrolling through the 'hot pics' on E! the other day and I saw this outfit on Hillary Swank and I loved it! I love the big bold print of the skirt with the bright orange top. Your tendency might be to pair just a plain black top with this, which is another great option - but look at how striking it is with the orange. If I was wearing this A-line skirt, I would want the skirt to hit just above my knee - anything below the knee messes with my short proportions. 

Bold doesn't need to come off as crazy or even in your face. This is a perfect look that shows bold can be classy. 

Here are some similar items available now that can help you recreate this look. I also showed a deep teal tunic in case orange isn't your color. I love jewel tones like this teal for fall, which is right around the corner. (I have this tunic and it is awesome!)

OR you don't have to take the inspiration quite so literally. Instead of a polka dot skirt, find a bold floral or geometric print like the one below. I added an open toe bootie and a chunky statement necklace to complete the look, but you could also pair with sleek pumps and pearls as another option. 



No comments:

Post a Comment