Pages

Sunday, February 15, 2015

Do you see what I see?

Have you noticed animals are everywhere?  This is not a new trend per say, but it is pervasive. Everywhere I look there is a cute little animal emblazoned on a garment, bag or piece of jewelry. A few years ago there were owls everywhere. Now it seems to be elephants and birds.  My friend Katie had a bird blouse like the one below - and I feel like it fit her style perfectly! She seemed to think it was hilarious, which for me was all the more reason she should wear it.

I like the way Reese Witherspoon pulled off this bird dress. (I originally saw this photo on E!)  I love her style choices. 

I am seeing more and more of the track pant that I mentioned here last summer. It is basically a tapered sweat pant - image below. Should those 3 words ever even be in the same sentence - much less next to each other ? I am having a hard time getting used to these. Remember how hard it was to get used to skinny jeans after were pledged our love to the boot-cut?  I have tried on several styles and materials and it is not a flattering look for me.  I really didn't think these would go main stream - but it looks like they are on their way. 

I'm in the market for a pair of shoes like this. I see them everywhere - just a simple sandal that goes with everything. There are from Steve Madden - I cannot speak to their comfort as I have not tried them on, but this is the style I am looking for. 


Jumpsuits galore. I talked about these last summer and they are back with more prints and more shapes. I did buy a strapless, wide leg version to wear to a formal occasion. Now I feel like I need a more casual, jersey knit option that can dressed up with a statement necklace or down with some flip flops. Something like this from H&M - haven't tried this on. I think I need more of a straight leg. I found the perfect one online at Nordstrom - but it turned out they were pajamas. So be careful. 
WARNING - it is a bit of a wardrobe challenge as you have to take the whole thing off/down to use the restroom. Mine had a hook & eye in the back at the top of the zipper so I had to bring a friend. This is a style you definitely have to try on to see how it looks on your body. 

I cannot tell you how done I am with winter, and winter clothes. I continue to clean out my closet in preparation for spring. Every time I bring home something new, I get rid of something. 

There are still some good winter clearance deals out there. I found a pair of green velvet paints for next Christmas for $8.00!! And some taupe, suede, wedge booties for $25 down from $100. Don't buy it JUST because it is on sale, make sure you have a space or need for it. 

If you live in St. Louis and are interested in a wardrobe consultation - send me a message! Season changes are the perfect time to clean out - especially SPRING!


No comments:

Post a Comment