Pages

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

My Favorite Things

I have been meaning to use this topic to create a page since the start of my blog. I will use this post to start that page and add to it!

I thought of it today because I had to dig out a cardigan because it is CHILLY here - feels like fall. 

My favorite cardigan is made by MOD.lusive by Bobeau - available at Nordstrom. It is the softest cardigan I have ever had. And oh my gosh they are on sale right now! I have both the Open Front Cardigan in black and the Ruched Sleeve in white. They are PERFECT for travel, lightweight but warm because they fit snug to the body. I was very picky about my cardigan - many were too long, too bulky, to flappy in the front. Anyway, these are my favorite. (Special note - wash the black one alone in cold water before you wear to prevent bleeding)


Jeans. I am constantly searching for the next best pair of my favorite jeans, all the while telling myself that I have enough jeans. At the top of my list right now is the Avedon Slick in Blitz by Citizens of Humanity. I got them last Spring at The Clover - a local boutique here in St. Louis that has a niche for denim. I explained I wanted a comfortable pair of 'everyday' skinny jeans and these were prefect. They almost feel like sweatpants they are so soft. The description says Soft, super-stretch denim. 44% rayon/29% cotton/25% cupro/2% polyurethane. I did go up a size in them as they are definitely a skinny fit, but they do stretch a bit as you wear them. And since I was planning on wearing them almost everyday, they were a bit of an investment. 

Next on my list is probably these shoes - Sperry Angelfish in Metallic Gold. I love them. They do need a day or two of breaking in, but then they are like a slipper. And they are the perfect in-between - not a flip flop, not a tennis shoe and since I have them in gold the shine always helps add to an outfit.

And my last item for this post is the Basic Jersey Tank from H&M. I typically am a bit overwhelmed by this store, but I ventured in one day and these were on sale for $5.00 (reg $5.95). I bought one in black and white and they are the perfect mix of soft and stretch, nice enough to be worn by themselves or as a layering piece. And they cover a normal bra strap, too! I have countless layering tanks from Target and Old Navy, and none of them have been as perfect as these. 

I will use these to create a page and update with new items as I find them! If only I could be like Oprah and give you all one of each!




No comments:

Post a Comment