Pages

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Graphic Pants

If you have been shopping lately, you probably noticed all of the graphic pants out there - some of the prints are really out there. I have been dying to try and find a way to wear them. Some of them look like pajama pants, or 'Hammer Pants' and I struggle to think what I have in my wardrobe that I could wear with them. Then last week at the Cardinals game, I saw someone who found a prefect pair. I'm not ready to ask strangers if I can take their photo and post to my blog, so I tried to re-create the outfit here. They were royal and white, diamond patterned pants (trust me I have scoured the internet looking for them - no luck), paired with a white T and red/orange cardigan. I mean red/orange just like the crayon - or maybe it is orange/red - either would work. Any gold jewelry and a gold sandal rounds this out perfectly. Kudos to you stranger at the Cards game!
The other tricky part about these crazy pants is the shape. I have seen wide legged, skinny, tapered, cropped, slouchy and more.  It seems the shape of the pants I like are called a 'track pant' by most designers. Kate Spade called some a 'lounge pant'. Most have an elastic waist and drawstring - which really I can't believe this is not the first time I'm endorsing an elastic waist in my short tenure as a style blogger. They are relaxed through the hip and thigh but still fit close to the body, and are tapered at the bottom - no droopy crotch. The material is usually silk, polyester or rayon blend so that it has a light, drapey fit. Here is another pair from Nordstorm I thought were super cute and pretty wearable.

I definitely would consider this style of pant a quick, passing trend. I wouldn't invest a ton of money on a pair as you might be tired of them in a year or two. But I think it is a great opportunity to have some FUN! 

Another alternative to this trend would be to pick a printed pant with a more traditional cut. I like the Pixie Pant at Old Navy. These have kind of a sweet, retro feel or you could go preppy like 2nd pair below from J.Crew. 


OR - just feed your craving for crazy pants with work out pants - those are everywhere with lots of price points!






No comments:

Post a Comment